Business networking for Sri Lankan participants at Gulf Food 2012
The Consulate General of Sri Lanka in collaboration with the Sri Lanka Export Development Board (EDB) organised a Business Networking Dinner Meeting on 20 February, at Le Meridien hotel in Dubai. 35 Sri Lankan companies participating under the EDB, Tea Board and individual capacities attended the dinner meeting and interacted with 75 UAE based companies invited by the Sri Lanka Consulate in Dubai.
In his welcome address, Abdul Raheem, Consul General of Sri Lanka, mentioned that the large presence of Sri Lankan companies at the Gulf Food shows the significant importance of the regional market for the Sri Lanka’s Food and Beverage sector and to expand their export capacities in the Middle Eastern market. He also made a presentation on Expo 2012 and invited the UAE based companies to visit Sri Lanka and to take the advantage of trade, investment and tourism opportunities as Sri Lanka has now set to become the ‘Wonder of Asia’ by 2016.
Sarath Wijasinghe, the Ambassador of Sri Lanka in UAE highlighted in his keynote address, the conducive environment that has been established in the country after the defeat of terrorism in 2009.
He also invited all UAE entrepreneurs to take part in the forthcoming mega trade event which will be hosted after 15 years. Ranjith Abaykoon, Minister (Tea Promotion), Sri Lankan Consulate in Dubai, made a presentation on Ceylon Tea – Leader in the Global Tea Industry. Jayantha Karnavaratna, Chairman/Imperial Teas appreciated in his remark the number of promotional initiatives taken by the Government to promote Sri Lanka’s trade and investment in the global market.
Farook Kassim, Chairman and members of the Sri Lanka Business Council in Dubai and the media personnel also attended the dinner meeting.
- Ministry of Industry & Commerce
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Economic Development
- Ministry of Plantation Industries
- Sri Lanka Export Development Board
- Department of Commerce
- Board of Investment
- Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
- National Gem & Jewellery Authority
- Sri Lanka Export Credit Insurance Corporation
- Sri Lanka Ports Authority
- Department of Export Agriculture
- Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Coconut Development Authority
- National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka
- National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka
- Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Srilanka