Sri Lankan tea industry is the country’s largest and best resource in terms of earning foreign exchange, value addition and employment generation. Pure Ceylon tea is famous in the world and it is the number one agriculture based foreign exchange earner to the country contributing 20% to the total foreign exchange earning. Sri Lanka has a strong & vibrant tea industry with a prominent brand name.
Ceylon tea is grown in three different elevations and possesses unique and specific characteristics of quality & taste attribute to its geographical origin & unique manufacturing practices.
Sri Lankan tea cultivated and manufactured without use of Methyl Bromide (MeBr) or any other Ozone depletion substances was the world’s first to achieve the status as “Ozone Friendly Tea” recognized under the Montreal Protocol Treaty.
With the development of the Sri Lankan tea industry, export of Green Tea has achieved a commanding height in the world tea market. Currently, Sri Lanka markets her green tea to more than forty countries mainly to the United Arab Emirates, Russian Federation and to Jordan.
The Sri Lankan Government has taken steps to upgrade the tea processing factories and personnel involved in the industry to maintain sufficient technical and hygienic standards and implement ISO 22000, HACCP as the principal monitoring programme for processing of tea. Sri Lanka is known as the producer of the cleanest Tea in the world in terms of Pesticide residues and it is confirmed by the ISO Technical Committee.
Expo Event Calendar
Sri Lanka Expo 2012 will be held from 28th to 31st of March, 2012 at BMICH. Click here to view the Expo Event Calendar
Conclusion of Sri Lanka Expo 2012
Sri Lanka Expo-2012, a mega trade, investment and tourism promotion initiative staged under the theme of “Partnering with the Hub of Asia” concluded successfully on 31st March 2012 achieving all the set objectives of the event. Over the duration of the event, visitors were exposed to a well-crafted trade fair that offered innumerable opportunities for manufacturers and buyers to come together directly.Read more...
- Ministry of Industry & Commerce
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Economic Development
- Ministry of Plantation Industries
- Sri Lanka Export Development Board
- Department of Commerce
- Board of Investment
- Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
- National Gem & Jewellery Authority
- Sri Lanka Export Credit Insurance Corporation
- Sri Lanka Ports Authority
- Department of Export Agriculture
- Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Coconut Development Authority
- National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka
- National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka
- Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Srilanka